Creating clear and measurable objectives is key to developing purposeful and systematic instruction.
One of the strategies instructors used is to relate course goals into one or more measurable learning objectives for each unit/module/week of your course.
Link to example artifact(s)
- Instructor: Dr. Carolyn Walker Hopp
- Course Title: EDF6635 – Teacher Leadership for Educational Equity and Social Justice
This semester, I am teaching a research capstone course for the Teacher Leadership program. Students are required to design a research question, do a small scale research project, and write a research report including the introduction, literature review, methods, and data analysis.
I have developed 5 modules that are on average 2 to 3 weeks. The goal of the first 3 modules is for students to build the foundation for research. Module 4 addresses methods and module 5 completes the research with the data analysis.
Research on an issue or challenge of teaching practice
- Module Objective: develop research questions to be used in the action research project.
- Module Objective: develop and draft an introduction to the research report.
- Module Objective: develop an introduction to the research report that provides purpose and rationale for the research.
- Module Objective: conduct literature review
- Module Objective: conduct data analysis
- Module Objective: report final Research
- Module Objective: reflect on research project
Link to scholarly reference(s)
- Anderson, L.W., and D. Krathwohl (Eds.) (2001). A taxonomy for learning, teaching and assessing: a revision of Bloom’s taxonomy of educational objectives. Longman, New York.
- Bloom, B., Krathwohl, D., & Masia, B. (1956). Taxonomy of educational objectives: The classification of educational goals. New York: D. McKay Co., Inc.
- Bloom, B., Engelhart, M., Furst, E., Hill, W., & Krathwohl, D. (1974). Taxonomy of educational objectives: The classification of educational goals. (B. Bloom, Ed.). New York: David McKay Co., Inc.
- Churches, A. (2008, April 1). Bloom’s taxonomy blooms digitally. Tech & Learning. Retrieved from http://www.techlearning.com/article/8670
- Clark, B. (2007). Growing up gifted: Developing the potential of children at home and at school (7th ed.). Prentice Hall.
- MarylandOnline. (2008). Quality Matters Program. Retrieved August 27, 2010, from http://www.qmprogram.org/
- SACS. (2001). Principles of accreditation: Foundations for quality enhancement. Decatur, Georgia: Commission on Colleges Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. Retrieved from http://www.sacscoc.org/pdf/PrinciplesOfAccreditation.PDF
- UCF. (2005). Provost’s requirements for the course syllabi. Orlando, FL: University of Central Florida. Retrieved from http://policies.ucf.edu/documents/4-505CourseSyllabiFINALFINAL.pdf
CitationChen, B. (2014). Learning objectives. In Chen, B., deNoyelles, A., & Thompson, K. (Eds.), Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository. Orlando, FL: University of Central Florida Center for Distributed Learning. Retrieved August 23, 2017 from https://topr.online.ucf.edu/learning-objectives/.
- June 1, 2017 @ 19:28:12 [Current Revision]
- June 1, 2017 @ 19:28:12