Press Release Spring 2015
From Pedagogical Repository
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
New Online Teaching Practices Added to Open Repository
Orlando, Florida, US - April 30, 2015 - The editors of the Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR) are pleased to announce the new entries accepted for publication from the Spring 2015 TOPR Call for Submissions. Entries were received from faculty and designers in multiple disciplines from various institutions throughout the US and beyond. The eleven selected entries represent a diversity of approaches to designing online content, engagement activities, and assessments of learning.
TOPR is an open platform for online/blended faculty and instructional designers to connect, find inspiration, and collaboratively contribute innovative online teaching strategies. Each TOPR entry is licensed for remixing under a Creative Commons license to maximize adoption and adaptations. TOPR is open to the world at: http://topr.online.ucf.edu.
The selected entries published as a result of the spring 2015 call for submissions appear below (alphabetical by last name of first author):
- Use online debates to enhance classroom engagement by Florence Gilzene Cheese (University of the West Indies)
- Provide Non-Linguisitic Representations to Foster Reflection by Angela Danley (University of Central Missouri)
- Require online exit tickets for active engagement by Angela Danley (University of Central Missouri)
- Chunking Content for Optimal Information Processing by Camille Dickson-Deane (Montgomery County Community College)
- Assess Individual Learning from Group Projects by Stacy Greathouse (Texas Woman's University)
- Assign Six Word Memoirs for Reflection and Synthesis by Scott Hamm (Hardin-Simmons University)
- Use social networking tools to facilitate small group problem-based learning by Vasileios Paliktzoglou (University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu Campus)
- Use Wiki to scaffold learning by Vasileios Paliktzoglou (University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu Campus)
- Use Google educational apps to foster online collaborations by Vasileios Paliktzoglou (University of Eastern Finland, Joensuu Campus)
- Foster Peer Review Using Online Discussion by Staci Trekles (Purdue University North Central)
- Using Voicethread for online debate by Janet Mannheimer Zydney (University of Cincinnati)
Dr. Kelvin Thompson and Dr. Baiyun Chen of the University of Central Florida are co-managing editors of the Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR).
View all TOPR entries via the Pedagogical Practices listing on the TOPR website.
Kelvin Thompson and Baiyun Chen
TOPR Managing Editors