Press Release Spring 2014
From Pedagogical Repository
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
New Online Teaching Practices Added to Open Repository
Orlando, Florida, US - April 4, 2014 - The editors of the Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR) are pleased to announce the new entries accepted for publication from the Spring 2014 TOPR Call for Submissions. Entries were received from faculty and designers in multiple disciplines from various institutions around the world. The six selected entries represent a diversity of approaches to designing online content, engagement activities, and assessments of learning.
TOPR is an open platform for online/blended faculty and instructional designers to connect, find inspiration, and collaboratively contribute innovative online teaching strategies. Each TOPR entry is licensed for remixing under a Creative Commons license to maximize adoption and adaptations. TOPR is open to the world at: http://topr.online.ucf.edu.
The selected entries published as a result of the spring 2014 call for submissions appear below (alphabetical by last name of first author):
- Use minute paper to evaluate student participation by Maha Bali (American University in Cairo)
- Use branching videos to engage students by Matthew Dodd (Abilene Christian University)
- Engage adult learners with course-long role play by Matthew Dodd (Abilene Christian University)
- Provide formative feedback for student success in interactive assessments by Jackie Dobrovolny (independent consultant) and Jill Coddington (University of Advancing Technology)
- Use word clouds for reflection and synthesis by Scott Hamm (Abilene Christian University)
- Use scavenger hunts to orient students by Jillian Wojcik (Broward College)
Dr. Kelvin Thompson and Dr. Baiyun Chen of the University of Central Florida are co-managing editors of the Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR).
Kelvin Thompson and Baiyun Chen
TOPR Managing Editors