Press Release Fall 2014
From Pedagogical Repository
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE:
New Online Teaching Practices Added to Open Repository
Orlando, Florida, US - December 19, 2014 - The editors of the Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR) are pleased to announce the new entries accepted for publication from the Fall 2014 TOPR Call for Submissions. Entries were received from faculty and designers in multiple disciplines from various institutions. The five selected entries represent a diversity of approaches to designing online content, engagement activities, and assessments of learning.
TOPR is an open platform for online/blended faculty and instructional designers to connect, find inspiration, and collaboratively contribute innovative online teaching strategies. Each TOPR entry is licensed for remixing under a Creative Commons license to maximize adoption and adaptations. TOPR is open to the world at: http://topr.online.ucf.edu.
The selected entries published as a result of the fall 2014 call for submissions appear below (alphabetical by last name of first author):
- Email messages with a “hook” or scenario that prompts logging into an online course by Amy Ahearn (Stanford University), Larry Chu (Stanford University), Andrea Fuller (University of Colorado Denver), Estee Piehl (University of Colorado Denver), Janak Chandrasoma (Stanford University)
- Use video self-modeling software to strengthen reading and speaking fluency by Tommi Barrett-Greenly, Luke Bennett and Ryan Seilhamer (University of Central Florida)
- Use Digital Badges to Promote Positive Student Behaviors by Joseph Fanfarelli and Rudy McDaniel (University of Central Florida)
- Using a Guided Approach to Support Critical Thinking in Online Discussions by Rohan Jowallah and Aimee deNoyelles (University of Central Florida)
- Providing Student Choice: Adopting an eTextbook in your Online Course by John Raible (University of Central Florida)
Dr. Kelvin Thompson and Dr. Baiyun Chen of the University of Central Florida are co-managing editors of the Teaching Online Pedagogical Repository (TOPR).
Click here to view previous press release.
Kelvin Thompson and Baiyun Chen
TOPR Managing Editors